Monday 1 August 2011

Trips, Draws and Visits

It has been a very busy weekend...
Firstly k and I went to London. No big deal I hear you say but remember we are country folk and had not been without at least one of the boys before. We were totally responsible for finding our way about, meeting people at the right time, in the right place and above all having fun. We managed all of the above, declared the trip a success and will definitely  do it again...
We met family at the Science Museum where we literally watched the world go around....


Afterwards we braved the shops, sustained by a very nice (not a good word) lunch at Carlucio's. As you might imagine, (especially those of you with daughter children) I did quite a lot of the buying but mostly for herself...

On Sunday we were up bright and early to meet a fellow blogger, Rachel. We (I hope she will agree) got on really well and it really did feel like we were old friends. We spent an hour or so at the Marylebone Farmer's Market. There were fantastic flower displays and of course we were tempted... Who couldn't be at £2 for 5 stems....


How could you fail to smile at such beautiful blooms? Or perhaps you are more of a vegetable person?...


Chard perhaps...


yellow carrots or even....


red beans... We didn't find any streets paved with gold but this bicycle came a pretty close second.....


When we arrived home it was very nearly time for the Big Give-Away draw! Now K has been really excited about this and has been asking if she could do the draw for ages, indeed ever since it had been mentioned..... This evening she did her bit, carefully cutting out all the names of those who had posted and popped them all into a hat... Out came (and how is this for co-incidental happenings?)... Rachel Lucas from Baking Brownies for Motzart. This was not a fix I promise you just a happy ending to a very good weekend. Enjoy the sun-shiny weather xx

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time in London. I have a daughter child,so I know exactly what you mean about the shopping.Those sunflowers are a bargain though!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is years since I last went to London, feeling very country mouse these days. Daughter children!! and I thought it was just me being a total pushover. I was last fleeced in Selfridges Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me giggle. Jess & I cope really well in London together but it's always nice to get home - to the country !

    ReplyDelete