Sunday 13 January 2013

The Little People

I tried to post this a few days ago but the bloggy gremlins had got in the way and being a Nupwup (my best new word) I of course hadn't saved the preview. You live and learn or at least that's what I'm supposed to do ... so here goes....

At Christmas I was given a beautiful present of this couple here...



I spent several days pondering on how exactly it would be best to use them as they came with no instructions or recipes. I could see that getting the dough out of the moulds could be a little tricky... and so I oiled them with oil meant for chopping boards and let it dry and repeated the process 5 or 6 times..

I used a gingerbread recipe from an old Good Housekeeping book that I've used lots of times before... a bit of mess was created here...


And Hey presto this young lady was created....


I must admit I still had serious doubts that all the detail would be kept whilst she cooked...
But I was proved wrong... A couple of couples......


They turned out well but a bit of a phaff.... Maybe Ill make some more when Ive got plenty of time and even more patience.
The snow has just started here and i must go and get something hot and tasty for the tea....

1 comment:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say
    that I've really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
    Check out my blog action Plan template microsoft

    ReplyDelete