Wednesday 24 August 2011

Other Holiday Matters

Surprisingly we didn't spend all week searching for fungi as might have seemed the case from my last post. No, we did other things as well. After a bit of persuasion (ok and some bribery) the three of us spend some time cycling up Glen Lyon. This is supposed to be the prettiest glen in Scotland and it was trying very hard to live unto it's name. The scenery was fabulous....


The whole place is very lush, hardly surprising given the amount of rain.....


When we weren't cycling we tried out a few of the walking routes in the area. Both in the woods and above the tree line. The midges were pretty bad as soon as the rain stopped so it became quite welcome especially in the bracken covered areas.....


On one walk we met this fellow. He was very friendly although between you and me he might have been a bit too keen on getting close...


One evening we went on a Highland safari. It was absolutely brilliant. Out kilted ranger took us 'up the hill" to over 3000 feet in his Landrover. We saw deer, mouton hare and the views really were out of this world.....


My pictures don't do them justice.. I would definitely recommend doing this if you are ever in the area. We would like to go back in the winter as I am sure everything will look very different then.


I still seem to have lots to tell you about but I will keep it for another slow news day. xx

1 comment:

  1. Ah, my husband is Scottish & can tell you about Midges especially in August !

    I adore highland cattle. We have a few free roaming in the New Forest !

    The scenery is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete